SwagBucks

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cate's Last Day


Cate's last day of kindergarten was today. She really enjoyed school and has learned so much. I have to give huge credit to her teacher, Miss Garcia. I prayed that my strong willed little girl would have a teacher who liked her and was compassionate, but yet would not tolerate bad behavior. What a fun year it has been! She got to go on 4 field trips! She went to the museum (twice), zoo, rodeo, and got to ride a bus! She got to have a really fun Fiesta experience at her parade and carnival (check out my posts from April for more info). I amazed how well she does on her homework. I hardly have to help her sound out her words. She told me her favorite time is lunch and recess. The last few weeks I let her eat lunch everyday at school, and she has really enjoyed that. She loved going to the library. She either got a book about sharks, snakes, or Arthur (Marc Brown's children's books). At first, she was not too sure about going to first grade and leaving her class, but I think Miss Garcia has prepared them for that, and she is excited now. The last few days have been a lot of fun. Cate got to take 101 Dalmations for them to watch in class during rest time. Tuesday was t-shirt day and she got to take her school t-shirt and the students signed it. Wednesday was her last day and she was so excited because she got to eat and play on the BIG KIDS playground (this was the first time to ever get to do such a thing-great symbolism, isn't it?). Oh--tear forming, probably should go and give my big kid, no longer a kindergartener, a hug!

No comments:

Post a Comment