SwagBucks

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

$Deals this Week$

Since many of you have commented on my CVS deals I thought I would "brag" about the stuff I get every week. I am going to give you a few of my tips on how to get started. I am by no means an expert, but I am learning and I only wish someone could have offered me some advice along the way.
  • First, start clipping coupons. Clip everything! You never know what will be on sale or even free! Even if you don't need it, if it is free, donate it!
  • Get organized. This is strictly personal, but I have a coupon organizer for my groceries and I bought a index card box along with the little files for my toiletries and cleaning products (those are the bulk of my coupons). I am only buying my grocery items (w/coupons of course) now and I get most of my cleaning and toiletry items for free or almost free at CVS and Walgreens. It is amazing how much money I am saving!
  • To get coupons, get the Sunday Paper. I subscribe to the sunday only paper for $1 a week (special). You can also go and buy them at the store, but you will pay more. It is so easy to just walk out the door and get it in the morning!
  • You can print coupons online too, I just don't have much luck with that. My spyware/virus stuff blocks it most of the time. Please note you can only get a sampling of what you can get in the paper!
  • Go to CVS and WAGS on Sunday or Monday if you can. I have found that if I wait, the other junkies have bought the sale stuff. You may have to go back more than once in a week. I am blessed to have both of them like 1 minute from my house. I am not afraid to go several times a week. They know me now that is for sure!
  • Subscribe to Money Saving Mom's Blog. Every week, she blogs to let you know what the good CVS and Walgreens (WAGS) deals are (walmart and target too). She has some excellent resources to help. Don't know what I would do without her!

So, here are my deals: I did have to pay some money out of pocket this week, but hey, it was not very much and I got some good stuff.

CVS

  1. Dove Facial Rejuvinator (microderm abrasion thingy) $9.99-$3.50 Q (coupon)-$5.00 ECB=$1.61 oop (out of pocket) Got 3 more ECB for next time! I have wanted one of these for a long time!

Walgreens

  1. Maybelline lipstick $6.79 and eye liner (FREE b/c of buy1get1freedeal)-$4 off Q=$2.79oop for both!
  2. Reynolds Foil-$1.59-.60 wags coupon-$1.00Q=free!
  3. Pack 3M Gift Tape (3 in a pack) and I bought 2 , $1 each=paid $2.00 oop but get $2 rebate on my WAGS gift card (so they are essentially free!)


No comments:

Post a Comment