- I get called "coach" a lot instead of honey, sweetie pie, darling, even Ashley.
- I get to go to the games for free! I don't even need a pass. I think they can tell just by looking at me now. Why would anyone bring 3 small kids to a bb game if they weren't a cw?
- I get texts with game scores after every game and I get really excited about it.
- I walk into a world that I know nothing about all to support my husband.
- I become a single mom most nights from Nov-Feb
- Saturdays and Sundays become very precious times from Nov-Feb
- I repeat over and over again to myself that he has the summer's off during Nov-Feb
- I envy my friends whose husbands get home everyday by 5:00 or 6:00 (but they probably envy me during the summer when Ryan is home all day, every day!)
- When I see any basketball-related decorative accessory, a little part of me wants to buy it.
- CW love any article of clothing that shows team spirit. We even have matching bows!
- Most coaches have to coach another sport (Ryan is only doing golf). CW say things like, "but it's ONLY golf, track, CC, etc". All other sports seasons are nothing compared to BB. (well, except FB, but we are blessed to not have to coach that).
- CW have huge amounts of coach t-shirts, jackets, polos, etc we must wash and have to remind our husbands that there are other items they can wear on non-game days.
- Thinks it's all worth it to see my husband doing something he loves.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Thoughts on being a Basketball Widow
My husband got home at 12:30 last night (or this morning, however you look at it). That is typical for him this time of year. Especially since his "away games" are really, really far away this season. I usually and try to wait up for him, and I did last night, but I was really tired so I was out before he got out of the shower. He wanted to tell me about the huge hamburger he ate with the team but I quickly responded, "sleeping!". Well, he can tell me about it later today, while he is grading the film. Yes, I said grading the film (aka watching the game from last night and writing down all the stats). I am a basketball coach's wife. Wanna know why?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute post, Ash. It is evident how much you love Ryan :)
ReplyDeleteOMG! I couldn't have written it better! LOL! I totally feel the SAME way. I feel like I preach to myself...."just 6 more weeks and season is over" or "I live for the summer" or "he's off next Saturday for sure"!!! Aw...a coach's widow!
ReplyDeleteoh yeah, this is audrey! :)
ReplyDeleteWay to support your man!
ReplyDelete