SwagBucks

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Settled In

Yay! I have internet again!

We moved on Monday and this place is finally starting to feel like a home! We are enjoying the neighborhood and have met some very nice neighbors. Cate and Cara have friends right across the street who are the same age and they have been hanging out the last few days non stop. Our street is very quiet so the girls just go play in the front (we never let them do that in SA). We even bought them new bikes today so they could go on bike rides with all of the kids.

The move was something else! I honestly have never been so exhausted in my life. It was by God's grace that I didn't fall asleep on my way here (6 hour drive). After packing, I had to clean the house per the landlord's request. And it wasn't a vacuum, dust type of thing, it was an extensive clean. Let me put it to you this way: the house was empty and it took me about 8 hours to clean it and I still didn't do everything on the list!! I got here after Ryan (he left a few hours before me) and we decided to just get out and have a date instead of unpacking. The girls were with their Nan so we went to eat and see a movie. We even got to sleep in the next day and that was a much needed thing!

I have to take this time and tell Chrissy THANK YOU for coming to help me clean, not once, but twice! She had just come back from a two-week vacation, is pregnant, but insisted that she come over and help me. Without her help, there is no way I could have done what I did. Oh, and she made us brownies too! You are a very special and wonderful friend and I am a better person because I know you! And why did I do this to myself? I wanted that security deposit back!

We are almost completely unpacked-just a few more boxes to go and then we need to get the decor up on the wall. Ryan is going to get the garage organized tmrw so we can park my van in it. When I get things presentable, I will post pics! Oh, and we are going couch shopping tomorrow! I am so excited! It's been 13 years since I bought a new couch!

Thank you everyone for helping us move, praying for us, and loving us. Our door is always open! Love you all and miss you terribly!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are getting settled. It sounds like you have a really great neighborhood! I can't wait to see pics of your house and your new couch! ;)

    Sweet Chrissy. I abhor cleaning. What a great gift she gave you!

    Well, I miss you. We had Oasis Day yesterday and it just wasn't the same without you there. Keep in touch.
    Love, L

    ReplyDelete