SwagBucks

Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Hobby

Today I visited two new grocery stores in hopes of scoring some great deals. Yes, I am still quite the deal seeker! One great thing about living here is that there are so many grocery store chains thus lots of competition. I went to Aldi and Sprouts today. Aldi is a small store, made up of mostly generic items, without any bells and whistles. I had to deposit a quarter for the cart and they do not bag the groceries (I bought my own and bagged them myself). This, in turn, means low prices. I didn't get much, just some snackey things (pretzels, natural fruit bars, potato chips, applesauce, etc). I just wanted to scope it out today. I'll probably return.

Then I went to Sprouts, a farmer's market/smaller, cheaper version of Whole Foods. I really liked it and was happy to find a lot of organic fruit for cheaper than what I pay for regular. I had fun just looking around.

I finished up my shopping at Target and scored big. Did you know that you can stack manafacturer coupons with Target coupons (find them on the website)? For example: Seventh Generation Disinfectant Wipes $2.50: $1 mfg/$1TQ=.99 each. Vaseline Intensive Rescue Lotion: $2.50: $1 mfg/$1.00TQ=.99 each. I also bought 4 bottles of Ibruprofen for FREE using coupons! I saved $54 today!

I also discovered Swagbucks recently and I have earned enough in a few weeks for a $10 gift card to Amazon, but I am working my way to a $25 one! It's free, easy, and there are so many ways to earn points. Buy Groupons/Resturant.com? You can earn 315 SB for each one! Search the Internet? Earn SB automatically when you use their search engine. Please check out the website for more information but if you decide to join, pretty please use sign in using my Widget (top of blog) so I can get a referral credit ;)

And the newest thing I have discovered? Check Points! If you have an iphone, you can download the app (free). Click here for a video that explains it. I can't wait to use it! I also get SB when I use it too so it's a double dipper! Again, it's easy and it's free! Please use my bonus code, cwap5 when you sign up.

Thanks And Happy Saving!



P.S. I hope to start blogging again soon. I have been so busy with work that I haven't had time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Welcome back!
    Good to see you're still couponing and saving money like crazy!
    I so wish we had more competition in grocery stores here. HEB is going to take over the world--gag! We have a brand new Plus store which I immensely dislike.

    ReplyDelete