SwagBucks

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Extreme Couponing?



Did you watch TLC's Extreme Couponing? Perhaps you have heard of it. I did watch it last night with eager anticipation and while I find it amusing, there are aspects of it that do bother me.

I do coupon...I love doing it...but I do it with CONTROL. Those people were the extreme but most couponers don't shop like that. I never clear the aisles nor spend hours and hours planning my grocery shopping trips. I have been trying to buy more of one item if I feel that it is something we will use in the next few months and when the price is at it's rock bottom. This is stockpiling. For example, I had 3 Buy 1 Get 1 Free coupons for Pretzel Crisps. Since my whole family loves these, I knew it would be something we would use. I bought 6 and paid .98 each after coupons!

In the picture above, I bought everything pictured for $19. If you throw in the two 6 pack of Scott Natural Paper Towels (not pictured) I bought yesterday at Walgreens, I only spent $25! I spend a little less than $100 a week on groceries for our family of 5. By buying items at their rock bottom price from now on, stockpiling the, ahem, responsible way, I will hopefully be WAY below my goal in the next few months!

A few other things to note:

*I try to only buy organic fruit and veggies except for things like oranges, bananas, etc since those have a peel. Buy saving money on basics, I can splurge on organic items
*I try really hard not to buy too many processed foods but sometimes I splurge! (sue me)-Thus the Toaster Strudel and Eggo Waffles!

No comments:

Post a Comment