SwagBucks

Friday, July 25, 2008

Ode to the Stone

Funny story to tell...Ryan and I have had a Pampered Chef stone for about 9 years and we used it all the time for baking-LOVE IT! Anyway, I left it on the stove-top and Ryan accidentally turned on the wrong burner. It broke into about 5 pieces!! He was crushed and came up to tell me what happened while I was working (which is a big deal because I am not suppose to be disturbed when I am with students). We hummed taps when we threw it away. I was moved to write the poem below... Oh, I'm forlorn, you broke my stone; No more perfect cookies or crispy breads, perfectly seasoned, a regular cookie sheet I dread! It is well known, when I cook, I moan, but you made it flawless! Now a new stone I must buy, so I don't have to continue to cry. In 9 more years it will be like you, black and brown, the perfect stone hue!

1 comment:

  1. I'm actually very impressed with your little poem - I'm not at all creative enough to come up with something like that.

    So sorry about the stone - I checked craigslist to see if someone was selling a seasoned one, but alas there was none.

    ReplyDelete