SwagBucks

Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Few Observations

  1. Shopping carts should come with blinkers.
  2. Sunglasses are great! You can stare at people and give them the evil eye and nobody knows when you are doing so.
  3. Zits suck more at 31 than the teenage years b/c it's "normal" when you are younger. When you're 31, you have to see a dermatologist to figure out what the heck is going on.
  4. Anyday you don't have to change a dirty diaper is a good day. Anyday you have to clean it off the walls and off the carpet is NOT a good day.
  5. Don't read Facebook/Twitter when you are depressed. Hardly anyone posts a status when life sucks and they didn't do anything all day. It makes you feel inadequate most of the time. A common example: "Got up at 5:00am to work out, read my Bible for two hours, and then I made a two-hour labor intensive meal for three families. Followed by deep cleaning my house, taking my kids to a playdate at Chuck E Cheese then bowling, then I made them organic ice cream. Next, ground my own wheat for homemade pizza, and finally made passionate love to my husband." See what I mean? Freakin' inadequate...
  6. Blogs are just like reading someone's diary, but with pictures.
  7. When people ask for your opinion, they really don't want it.
  8. We watch reality tv to make ourselves feel better. I.e. , Supernanny (well, my kids aren't THAT bad).
  9. When your clothes don't fit and your child makes a comment about how you have a baby in your tummy (and there's not one), it's time to lose some weight.
  10. Root Canals are VERY expensive.

Can you tell I had a bad day?

2 comments:

  1. oh Ash, Sorry you had such a rotten day.
    I can relate to almost all of the things on your list. I've never had a root canal though (knock on wood)Chris had a fake tooth put in and that was very expensive too!

    Chris and I like to call those FB status' "Supermom Status" and we kind of joke about them. "Oh another one popped up!" And we'll read it together.
    You are right--not a good place to
    go when you're already down.

    Did you feel better after you wrote this? Sometimes just writing stuff down helps when you're in a bad place.

    On the bright side, today will probably be a much better day! I hope it is for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash...for that very reason, I like to post equally as many bad mom or bad day posts as good. I try to be honest and real. I think a lot of people do it inadvertently...if they convince others their life is perfect, then maybe they can start to believe it. But really, NOBODY has it together. And if they need to brag, they are prob falling apart at the seams.

    So remember that next time you are measuring yourself against them. We all have good days and bad. Give God the glory for the good ones and get down on your knees on the bad ones!!! And just pray that He will fix all the ways we are screwing up our kids! Ha!

    Love you, Ash. You are the perfect wife for Ryan and mom for your kids. God did not pick anyone other than YOU for them and He makes no mistakes.

    Funny thing is, I have been thinking you are super mom b/c of all your good deal posts and furniture fixing up and organizing abilities! I had to have my mom come and do my organizing!!! You don't give yourself enough credit!!!

    ReplyDelete