Sunday, July 26, 2009
Like Mother, Like Daughter
Yesterday I had a garage sale. I try and have one about every year or so. I invited a few friends to join me and we had quite the haul! Cate asked me if she could have a lemonade stand this year. I went to Walmart and bought some lemonade, cookies, and treats. We set up her little table with a sign she made and a jar for her money. Lemonade was .25 and the food was .50. She was selling her little heart out! People would walk up and she would say "special treats!", and say it, and say it. She ended up making about $12. The biggest laugh I had is when I realized she wasn't giving people change. I heard her say, .25 or $1! When I went over to give change to a kid, she did not understand why I would give them money. People were really sweet and gave her tips too. Anyway, she had a wonderful time and I am glad I could foster my little entrepreneur. P.S. sorry for no pictures. I was so busy selling stuff (we had non-stop traffic) that I didn't even think about getting my camera out. I hate missed photo ops!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment