SwagBucks

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Well, I am going to try this menu planning thing again. I got really bad about planning meals this summer and we were eating out way too much and it was getting very expensive! With my "chef" hubby going back to work too, I have to start doing all of the cooking now *sigh* (I hate to cook ;). So, time to better myself and save money by planning my menus. I thought I would do it on the blog so it would keep me motivated and accountable. Here is my menu for this week based on what was on sale at HEB and what I had in the pantry (I hope to include this every week from now on). Read HERE, about why menu plans work and HERE for how to do them.




  • Monday-Family ate at Sam's for $7.96


  • Tuesday-Fajitas, homemade refried beans (yum!), and spanish rice


  • Wednesday-Spaghetti


  • Thursday-Stuffed Bell Peppers


  • Friday-Some sort of casserole made from leftover fajita chicken and whatever is in the pantry


  • Saturday-Pasta Salad (side dish) for our ABF (sunday school) Social-we will eat dinner there


  • Sunday-Rotisserie Chicken, Salad, Baked Potatoes




Girls' Snacks: cinnamon pita chips, hummus and regular pita chips, jello, fruit, biscotti, PB pretzel sandwhiches





**This is mostly our "main course". I didn't include the sides or lunches. I am working at getting better at planning that, but for now, I feel accomplished to just get the basics down! I went ahead and included snacks since most of this stuff was bought on sale at HEB. This is a new way of thinking for me. I use to just plan what I wanted to cook and then go to the grocery store. By getting the stuff on sale first, and then planning my menu, it is definitely cheaper, but a tad more time consuming!

No comments:

Post a Comment