SwagBucks

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

MOPS Convention

Last week I went to Nashville for the MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) Convention at the Gaylord Opryland. I left Thursday morning and came back early Sunday afternoon (flew for the first time in 12 years!). It was a great trip and I am so glad I got to go. The convention itself was really good. I went to four different workshops and really enjoyed them all (Graced-Based Parenting, Green Mama, Publicity {my position in my group-got some great ideas}, and Making Work at Home Work).






~






The best part was the incredible worship and speakers. Matt Redman, Matthew West, Natalie Grant, Plumb, and Christi Knockels (formerly of Watermark). There were about 4,000 moms there from all over the country. I was very blessed for this to be an "all expenses paid" trip, so I got to enjoy eating some really divine food. I tried sushi for the first time (hated it) and scallops (they were ok), but I think it was a texture thing rather than a taste thing. Oh, and the shopping! There was a huge section downstairs for vendors (and this doesn't even come close to Opryland's cutsie shops). I got some great books and a few things for the girls. I had no idea I would be in shopping heaven!






~






The hotel was massive. There were still parts of it I didn't see. We were SO BUSY that I didn't have time to see the sights of Nashville, but perhaps if I ever get to go back, I will. If you are in MOPs, I really recommend going if you are able. It was an incredible experience and I hope I get to go back one day. Just be prepared to be more tired than you have ever been in your life, but it's all worth it!










Courtney and I both got to go. This was our first night. See how well rested we look?





This was taken the last day. I am showing some fatigue at this point, but I did have a blast. I came home and slept most of Sunday and Monday and into Tuesday ;)
looking down from the convention area in the Magnolia section. We ate pizza there two days at lunch because it was about the cheapest and quickest food we could find (but still $8.00 for a small!).











It is very lush inside. The facility is entirely indoors and is maintained at 72 degrees througout.






We were in the "Magnolia" Section. The convention center was past this pink building I believe.













This was the view looking down into where we ate dinner the last night. This is one section, "Cascades". There are a total of 4 sections I think. We didn't see all of them. It was HUGE! We got lost a bunch.


Natalie Grant-she's my fav! We ran to get really good seats. The first 5 rows were reserved, but we got 2 rows behind them. I also enjoyed the other singers. Everyone was so real and did an excellent job worshiping instead of "performing".











2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed the trip. Appears to have been very worhwhile. Love you much. Mom

    ReplyDelete