SwagBucks

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Theme Night!

I love to play board games. The girls and I love to break out different games and play together. It is so nice that Cara is old enough to play now. We are working on getting a nice collection of board games. We also love to have movie night. I ran across a post from Deal Seeking Mom the other day and I thought she had some fabulous suggestions for combining the two. We have had game nights, but never made a THEME out of it. I see this becoming a monthly event! Read the post and let me know what you think. I'm curious, what games do you like to play with your family? Any ideas on how to incorporate a theme (game/food/movie) like the ones listed? Be sure to click on the Family Game Night Link for more info on snacks, movies, and game suggestions.

~


" Walmart and Hasbro have partnered to help families make memories and enjoy each other at home. This week, stores across the country have Family Game Night aisles dedicated to helping you put together your own Family Game Night for under $40.
Choose a theme like Sweet Tooth Sunday — with Candyland and the sugary sweet movie Pollyanna along with soda and makings for a homemade ice cream sundaes — or Special Mission Night — all about solving puzzles and using your smarts to uncover a mystery and play Pictureka along with secret recipes of creative snacks to enjoy while you watch National Treasure. Or pick from your all-time favorites at affordable prices."
Deal Seeking Mom

1 comment:

  1. We love games...the kids really like The Game of Life! They also love Clue b/c you are talking about how someone died! Plus, the strategy part is fun for Dani. Reid just likes the weapons and colors,etc.. Another big favorite is Zingo!

    We are doing something similar to theme night tonight...but each kid gets to pick what we do. We started out by praying for that person and then eating the meal of their choice. Then we will play whatever games they pick and watch whatever they want. Super fun and it teaches the other child to shut their mouths about not liking the other person's picks. :) Post how game night goes!

    ReplyDelete