School is almost out-
YAY!!!! I am so excited! No more running here, there, and everywhere. No more homework or spelling tests, math facts, or lunch packing the night before. Oh, and
ya, my kids will be home. And there lies my problem-my kids will be home...all day...bored...wanting to be entertained. My oldest daughter has always been from the "what are we doing today" school of thought. I remember at 2 having to come up with charts and posters and things to let her know that sometimes, we just stay at home (we called them
homeday-a picture of a cute little house
because she couldn't read). Cara isn't like that so much so we don't have to use the picture chart anymore. My concern is that not only will they be bored because the activities will cease, but all they have learned this year will cease as well. So, I got to
thinkin...

To be continued...
There's this great old book, published in the 80's full of ideas, mostly easy ones, to keep everybody busy and happy in summer. It's called Sanity in the Summertime. Wonder if it still around somewhere?
ReplyDelete