SwagBucks

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Walk 2010

The girls and I attended the 6th Annual Autism Walk today at Brackenridge Park. It was a gorgeous day! Ryan wasn't able to come because he had a test to take this morning (for his Masters). It was nice to be around so many other people all going through the same thing, in fact, it was very moving. Today, we weren't alone and that felt great! Things have been quite overwhelming the last few months, so it was nice to have so many resources available to help us get things figured out. I even got signed up with a case manager who will guide us through everything. Most importantly, we just had a nice time as a family!





Before the race. There were a TON of people there. It was hard to move around. The walk benefits Any Baby Can. It is an agency here in SA that provides an assortment of services all at no cost. We will start an 8 week training course there in May.


The start!


People had teams with t-shirts, signs, and banners. It was really neat seeing all of the support. Perhaps we will do a team next year.




Walking towards the finish line! I just love this picture!


We finished the day with a picnic at the park and then a train ride. So fun!




I'm so glad I'm Claire's Mommy! God has blessed us so!

















A 2 mile walk (stroller ride for most of the time), a train ride, a sucker, some sun, and lots of excitement is just plain exhausting!




No comments:

Post a Comment