SwagBucks

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Our House Part 1

I know you are all waiting with bated breath for pics of our new house ;)

I will not keep you in suspense any longer and will show you a few of the rooms. We are waiting on our new couch and still need to hang some more decorations, but for now, I will show you the kitchen, hall bath, and the girls' rooms.

The Kitchen







I love this kitchen! I have plenty of room and a huge pantry. It has granite counter tops and nice cabinets. My favorite? The undermount sink! The tile backsplash and floor is great. It's always good to have the tile be the color of dirt when you have kids. I have lots of counter space and I am totally in love with our bar. The kitchen opens into the living room so it is one nice, big room. And in the eating area we have a nice big window with a window seat and french doors with awesome built in blinds (we had this in the house we built and they are awesome!).

Cate and Cara's room





It is small, but it works for them. They don't seem to mind sharing a bed, although Cara misses her old bed sometimes. I haven't bought anything yet to put on the walls, but I am not sure we need too much with the accent wall (already painted when we moved in). The bad thing is their room faces the afternoon sun and having two windows, their room gets hot. I went and bought two black out curtains to help cool the room down. The small rooms are really the only complaint we have in this house.


Claire's room





She loves her big girl bed and has plenty of room to play. I love the closets because they are not on tracks-we had a big problem in our old house with the doors coming of the track. I just think these are much more kid friendly. I love the wall color-it's not white! Plus, they have rounded corners and I think they just look better.



Hall Bath (Girls' Bathroom)

Notice the pretty white toilet and sink ;) It's your standard designer hall bath. *(smile)*

Here is our Game/Activity closet (aka Linen Closet)

You can get a peek of my organizational disease. I just can't help it. Everything is labeled with my label maker and little things each have their own container. We keep games, activities, and most of the toys that have lots of little pieces in here. The girls get out what they want, play with it until they have had their fill, and then it goes back in the closet before they can get something else out. I have another closet, which is technically the coat closet, with our craft supplies in it.


A few other things about our house:

Community Pool

Nice, quiet street

next door neighbors the same age as the girls

brushed nickel hardware

modern light fixtures (we love them)

It's a great house!


Part 2 coming soon...Laundry/Mud Room & Playroom

2 comments:

  1. I love it Ash!
    Your kitchen is awesome. Very pretty but also looks very functional especially with it being open to the living room.
    Is it 3 bedrooms? The girls rooms look really good too.
    I am so impressed with how fast you have unpacked and everything is so organized. Amazing.
    Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, Lory, it is 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. Yes, the kitchen is very functional. I really like it. Our dishwasher broke our 2nd day here so I have been having to handwash dishes the last two weeks (suck). We are waiting on the repair guy.

    ReplyDelete