LAUNDRY ROOM

This is one of my favorite rooms. I love having my laundry room right off the garage so I could turn it into a mud room, so to speak. I am going to share a couple of organization tricks I use.

Here are my laundry baskets. If you notice, there are three stars with a different color on each basket. That way, the girls know in which basket to put their laundry in. The "Blue" star is for their colored clothes, the "Green" star is for dark towels, underware, etc, and the "White" star is for well...whites. I also have another basket I use to put the clothes from the dryer in so we can fold/put away.
This was a must have. With three kids that are going to be in school, I needed a place for them to put their folders, homework, notes from the teacher, etc. As soon as they come home from school, I will have each child put their stuff in their designated slot (there are three slots here). Then, I will go through everything. In the morning, they will have everything they need, signed and what not and ready to put in their backpack. LOVE It and I can't wait to use it! (the mail is temporary because it doesn't fit in my mail slot that is above this-not pictured). I know, I have a problem.
Here is our monthly calendar. Each person had their own color, with black being our "general" color. It is kind of empty right now, but that will change very soon! To the left is my bulletin board. It is half dry erase/magnetized and half cork. I have their school calendar and the BB schedule on it right now. I will also put all sorts of things for the kids as needed. Love this too! Oh, and you can't see it but I have an over the door hook to hang their backpacks, purses, etc on. I stole this from my sister-in-love, Cathy. Thanks, Cathy!THE PLAYROOM
Our playroom is actually suppose to be the formal dining room (open to the living and kitchen). We don't have a formal dining table, so I made it their playroom. It works.
So here is another one of my organization ideas. I took our old entertainment center and made it into a dress up station. Ryan put a closet rod in so we could hang their dress up stuff. I used the shelves to store toys and there is also a compartment below that I put hats and other dress up stuff. If you are interested in making something like this, you can find these E.C. pretty cheap on Craigslist. I just removed the glass door and some of the adjustable shelves to make this work.
No comments:
Post a Comment