SwagBucks

Sunday, August 8, 2010

New

Today we went to a new church. It was good, but it was also awkward. I mean, we walked in with the girls, had no idea where to go, there was no where to sit, and we didn't know anybody. I was so nervous that I woke up at 6:00am and then asked Ryan if I could stay home instead. We get so comfortable at our old church that it is so hard to see the possibilities of a new one. I am glad we went and we enjoyed the service. I think the girls had a good time, although I think they also missed their old church. After all, it's not about what church does for me, but what I can do for the church and how I can glorify God more fully.

I was more worried about Claire than anything. I wasn't sure how she would behave in a new setting. I didn't even tell Claire we were going to "church" out of worry that she would be expecting her old one. I kept telling her, "we are going to go and play". When the nursery lady took her from me (they didn't allow the parents to go to the classrooms, instead, they had helpers take the kids to their rooms), I made sure to remind her that she has autism, and that this was completely new to her. I put my hands together and walked uncomfortably to the sanctuary, all while grasping the pager tightly. I wanted to run back there and sit with her to make her feel comfortable (perhaps make me feel comfortable).

I didn't get paged and Claire did very well I was told. The service was very good and the worship was incredible. I looked at all of those strange faces and wondered if I would become friends with any of them. I will be glad when all of the newness wears off and this place feels like an old hat. I sure hope it does.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for that transition to be smooth!! And I LOVE all the pics of your house!!! You are so organized..it is awesome! Your house is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl - I still remember you @ our church - FBC Buna! That was what - 3 years ago? Everytime I drive by & look at your rent house on Business 96, I always think about you & your family. Hope you settle in soon at your new casa & church!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, Carla! Yes, I can't believe it has been that long!

    ReplyDelete