SwagBucks

Monday, May 5, 2008

"Put the Butt On"

"Put the Butt On" is Cara's way of telling me to button her shirt. Unfortunately, Cara did not understand that the last 2 buttons were not suppose to be buttoned up as they are a decorative accent. Tears flowed. Cara is, shall I say, a tad bit neurotic? She is not a go with the flow kinda girl and I wanted to list some of her neuroses for your reading pleasure:)

Her comforter has to be flower side up (it has flowers on 1 side, and stripes on the other).
Panties CAN NOT be inside out or backwards. She will ask me to check them.
Not a big fan of having people over she does not know, especially if they bring kids. She will have nothing to do with them until there is a warm-up period, usually about 30 minutes.
Does not like her hands to be dirty. So glad she can wash her hands by herself now!
She will not eat anything if it is not on a plate or in a bowl. Just putting food on the table is unacceptable to her. She insists on using silverware for all food, even finger foods.
Cara is our most affectionate child. Our favorite Caraism is, "I wanna hold you a minute". She proceeds to get up in our lap and cuddle for a long time. Also requests either Neckwork (Food Network) or Wolf (Nero Wolfe DVDs) while there. I am happy to oblige all the neurotic behavior (and get a good laugh while doing so) as long as I get my "hold you a minute" everyday. Pictures below are Cara during Easter with the confetti egss (I am sure she did not like them). Ryan and Cara napping at my mom's house.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute and funny. You did an excellent job of painting a picture for us. I think I have a "Cara" in my household as well. Our nightly routine looks something like...
    Elena: Water!
    Mommy: Check!
    Elena: Nemo!
    Mommy Check!
    Elena: Blanket!
    Mommy Check!
    And on and on it goes. But, if one of these items is not in the right place on the bed, "the wheels fall off".

    ReplyDelete